Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday. Its raining, But here are things I like.


Monday.

Its cloudy, and muggy. But it is charming. Because today the only agenda I've got is scouring through a mess of my favorite internet sites while I drink this pot of coffee... From my bed.  I think my inner crazy cat lady is escaping this week in new ways- cat nap has a whole new meaning. 

So I'd like to share some beautiful things that makes this grey day a little bit more wonderful, thanks to the creative ladies that inspire me everyday.

Chara : Love, Me Boutique. This store is magic. Everything about it is relaxing and whimsy and wonderful. Please note. You can also purchase my CD there, as well as other fantastic local artists.  Some of my favorite finds from this store include my Staple Gun shirt, My Raccoon shirt, as well as gems from Pretty Raccoon Clothing, hand crafted bags, pins, jewelry, sigh...Located on Birmingham street next to Woozles ! http://lovemeboutique.wordpress.com 

Candace : Pretty Things Boutique. The lady doesn't lie. This store has been open for a year. And its shamefully taken me about that long to go in. I've walked by it often but the name seemed too much for me (and my wallet) to handle. But as soon as I walked in, It was love. I (literally) wanted everything in the store. Its a girly paradise in there. I will own it all. I will. . .It is rare that in one visit someone can be lucky enough to buy a zebra print skirt AND a cheetah print dress. Located on Cunard/ North Park. 
www.prettythingsboutique.com 

ETSY. I don't know where to start. Okay, maybe I do! 
Sarah Bennetto O'Brien.  etsy account : Benny and The Jets. 
This girl, mega talent. Not only am I lucky enough to have her as a dear friend, and work with her (she has madz skills in the kitchen) she is a super talent when it comes to finding things old and making them new. I was first impressed by the way she can take a scratched up record and paint beautiful detail on it, then she starts amazing me with her jewelry. She shapes vinyl to make stunning neck-wear, and ear-ware. She has started experimenting with guitar strings and I am too excited to see what she comes up with next. 
Http://www.bbennyandthejet.etsy.com


Shannon Webb-Campbell. Photographer/ Journalist. You probably recognize this name from The Coast... But you may or may not know about her beautiful blog. Which I have found myself frequenting . The photography is fantastic, and if you are ever feeling down on this awesome city (say maybe when its been raining for 3 days....) this is sure to give you the positive outlook you need.  http://swc-movingpictures.blogspot.com/

Argyle fine Art! Adriana is a creative beauty. She has the heart and the brain the size of a gold mine. This art gallery is coming up with creative new ways to draw people in and work their eyes. Check out the website for really special upcoming events.  Such as : In gallery concerts, fashion shows, and bus trips to islands for special music and relaxation! (Seriously, I kid you not.) www.argylefa.tk 

And Lastly, Please go to my hair dresser... Kevan Bish proprietor of The Swanki Guru. 
The salon is located at in Purdys Tower.  The first thing you will note when entering Swanki is that you will not be blasted by the normal scents of a salon.  You will be greeted by the soft smells of citrus, tea tree, peppermint, earl grey tea... and an amazingly charming staff. Kevan's experience is what brought me to the salon.  But its his intuitiveness as an artist and his hand made shampoos and conditioners that made me hooked. His website is still in the works. 
www.bishalive.com 

The photo is from the set of the video shoot for "Sweeter Than" Photo credit : Melissa Richards. 

No comments:

Post a Comment